Friday, January 6, 2017

replacement improv performer

I went to a show at a micro-brewery tonight, I knew the show-runner. I ended up being a replacement for somebody who didn't show up. I saw the sets of those before me and it seemed to be right up my alley. I know I made a reference to 'big bang theory' twice. also to 'the simpsons'. it was about resolutions, robots, lactose intolerance, and pets. the jokes I did were supplied by Philadelphia, who I shared a table with for a while. I haven't met the no-show, and according to the show runner, he hadn't either even though he has been scheduled for his shows twice. I made a reference to those who got a big break due to things like this to a crowd member, specifically dick clark, and Pavarotti. I understand dick clark replaced somebody who was fired for a drinking problem. and Pavarotti was a replacement as well. this was a venue next to one in frequent. I was going crazy trying to do the mapquest directions and then found out what it was next to, so I ended up using the same parking lot. I had seen his 'improv' shows before, but at a different venue in Minneapolis, in uptown. and we had worked together before, in one of the big dog's Turkeys shows. I was thankful for the opportunity. I made a reference to a joke I had done before, about john wilkes booth and steve bartman, where I often just show up and become part of the show.




No comments:

Post a Comment