Saturday, January 14, 2017

manchester by the sea movie

I went to see the movie 'Manchester by the sea' tonight in Eagan, as date number two. I know it has a Boston setting and stars Casey Affleck. this helps in my book since my favorite movie is 'Good Will Hunting', also a Boston setting and Casey is in it as well. I am trying to recall what lines he had in 'Hunting', as I recall he was the one that wanted his double burger and then Ben through it at him.
    I cringed a little when my date gave an opinion about 'Hunting' when we met at a Noodles and Company for dinner near the theater. Something about a lot of swearing in it. I said it was hard to find a movie that doesn't have any.
   There were many things that I liked about this movie. Casey plays a handyman and janitor in it at apartments, and I liked them showing mundane things like throwing various items like furniture into the dumpster or shoveling snow. I said it reminded me of them showing them cook the food in 'winter's bone'. there were plenty of bar scenes in it, and I liked seeing a sign in the background for narrangansett beer. I have had it when I was in new York and I know it is popular in the boston area as well. there was beautiful scenery in it, showing the light houses and the harbors where the boats were kept. there was some swearing in it, but I didn't mind that much. and I liked a reference to Minnesota as they spoke of a family member moving to Minnetonka.
   I did plenty of errand running today, got most things crossed off my list. a few things have to wait for various reasons, one of them being that I ran out of time. but it was nice to pick up a redbox rental, using a credit that I knew would be expiring soon. and I got a DVD on loan from the library, with the holiday weekend I should have no problem finding the time to watch it. and there was the stop at JC Penney to get some shoes. I knew there was a need as the winter is hard on shoes. I used the gift cards I got from family for Christmas, and there is still some value left on one of the two. I also stopped at a minute clinic as one of my ears had been bothering me. found out it was an ear infection, which didn't thrill me as I recall getting them all the time as a kid. I was given some antibiotics, filled inside the same target store that the clinic is in. while waiting I looked at the DVDs and I eventually decided to get just one, as it was a Charlie brown special that I didn't have yet. there was just one copy left, it was 'Charlie brown's all-stars', one of the older ones. I think I have it in book form. I also saw 'the peanuts movie' from just over a year ago, but figured I still could find it later on as there were more copies available than just one. I also wanted to get a haircut for the date, and went to sport clips. one of the NFL playoff games was on, seattle at Atlanta.



No comments:

Post a Comment