Sunday, January 15, 2017

lady ghostbusters movie

I watched the redbox rental this morning. I am calling it 'lady ghostbusters' as it is the one from the past year and has the same name as the original from 1984. I think I still have the soundtrack from the original movie, on cassette. it was all right, but not as good as the 1984 version. it is hard to be just as good as a classic, it has been proven many times before with other sequels and remakes. or now the term sometimes is 'reboot'.
   there were cameos from the original cast members, as I recall bill murray was the first one. didn't see rick moranis, but I understand he isn't into acting much now. and of course Harold ramis died before this movie was filmed and released. I recognized the other cameos rather well, from annie potts, Sigourney weaver, dan aykroyd, and ernie Hudson. it was no doubt an update, as there was mention of internet sites in it like amazon and the government agency known as homeland security. those weren't around in the 80's. I liked the erin gilbert character the most, as she was a 'stodgy academic' and I have called myself this too. there was plenty of special features on the disc, and I watched them. some of it was behind the scenes with the special effects, like using a 'green screen' for effect in some scenes.
   I performed at one comedy show, in the afternoon. it was the donut party, but this time there was some cinnamon rolls in addition to the donuts so I had two of the rolls. it was a nice change of pace. I spoke of date number 2, being vulnerable onstage, a hash house, an elle king song, the 'lady ghostbusters' movie, and a beastie boys song. being vulnerable was inspired by the show runner, international falls, saying we should be onstage. as usual I liked seeing the 'traffic report' bit.
   before I went to the show I stopped at a dairy queen to use a 2 for 1 blizzard coupon that I knew would be expiring soon. as usual I ate one there and got a cover for the other, as I take it home and freeze it for a later day. after the show I eventually fell asleep and when I woke up it was 6:30pm. the NFL playoff game was still on, green bay at dallas. since I hadn't eaten yet, and wanted to watch 'the simpsons', I didn't go to another open-mic that was scheduled for the evening. guess I was a little too comfortable in my easy chair when I woke up. 'the simpsons' was a mashup of 'great gatsby' and a more recent story, as I recall they said 'empire' but that is a fox show that I haven't seen yet. then after taking a short walk, I decided to watch the Charlie brown DVD I acquired over the weekend, 'all-stars'. the companion on the disc was 'a Charlie brown celebration'.

No comments:

Post a Comment