Friday, January 20, 2017

be our guest, see my vest

I went to a burlesque show tonight and as usual there were things I enjoyed about it. when I heard one song I said I recognized the 'simpsons' parody as 'see my vest'. it was 'be our guest', from 'beauty and the beast'. Haven't seen the movie though. I had to watch both song videos on youtube when I got home. this was in the second act. others I liked in this act were Adele's 'one and only', as well as 'radioactive' by the imagine dragons. in the first act I liked 'you're so vain' (a pun on 'vein'), as well as 'hooked on a feeling' and a lisa simpson song. it was 'got a bratty brother'. and the performer was dressed up like lisa, with a saxophone to go with it.
    I had two meetings related to the STEP program, people who would like to help me out. one was before lunch and the other was after it. the second became a short 'mock interview'. I would like to think that this gives me a leg up in the process. I want it badly, so it means getting pointers on how to interview well when it is solely based on the interview. lessons from performing will help me here. I was asked if I am nervous, well not when I am on stage.
    in the evening I went to eat at an arby's. I liked seeing something about 'this week's fun Friday theme' but listed nothing under it. so I asked when they were taking my order, and said 'works for me' when I was told what it was. then it was on to Walgreen, where I got an ice cream sandwich and a DVD movie called 'hoodlum'. it stars Lawrence Tierney and according to Wikipedia it is from 1951. it looked like a gangster movie, which is why it piqued my interest enough to buy it. now it means finding the time to watch it. I liked how it didn't cost much, just two dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment