Wednesday, November 1, 2017

hickok movie

I got 2 more movies watched today. first was 'hickok' about wild west figure wild bill Hickok. it covered his time as a lawman in Abilene, Kansas. he is well-known for his death, which was in a different town, also due to the 'dead man's hand', as he held the aces and 8's. I liked seeing some actors in it that I knew, although I didn't know who played wild bill, or his fellow lawman, Arkansas. but bruce dern was in it as a physician, and kris Kristofferson as the mayor. it sounded like the evil businessman that wanted wild bill dead was played by a country musician.
   the other movie I watched was 'the phenom'. it was about a young baseball pitcher that went to see a sports psychologist, as he couldn't find the strike zone after a while. paul giamatti played the shrink, and ethan hawke played the pitcher's domineering dad. I grew to dislike the dad a lot, but as I have been told before, you're not supposed to like him. one scene served as a reminder of being careful, or cautionary. the main character is at his motel, and talks to a lady that speaks of her husband who is a creep. he picks her up, and when they are making out, she pulls a fast one on him and he gets robbed. so she was the bait. the movie doesn't have many baseball scenes in it, but I didn't mind.
   in the evening I got a text message on my phone stating I was at 75 percent of my minutes for the 30-day period, which we are currently halfway through. guess I have been on the phone more since I went on vacation. so I will want to cut back on usage for a little while. I know one office I have been on contact with has been more than once, and kind of lengthy calls as well.
    I watched some of the world series tonight, the decisive game 7. the astros got an early lead, aided by a throwing error, and beat the dodgers 5-1 to take the series. I was onstage when the final out was recorded, hard to ignore when it was on a TV monitor nearby. my set included ones about being at 2 haunted houses, doing karaoke after one of them, the song 'gangsta's paradise' by coolio, a dream about a bicycle, famous people are different, logging onto skype, and 'the phenom' movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment