Thursday, November 23, 2017

all in the family marathon

there is a marathon for the TV show 'all in the family' on antenna TV for the thanksgiving holiday. I had seen some of these episodes before, as reruns during my time living in suburban Chicago from 1998-2004. one of them was when the ending was 'you had the blade in backwards'. others were lionel's engagement party, and archie thinks he has food poisoning.
   I watched some of the pro football games today, but not a lot. I listened to some of the leadoff game on the radio, Vikings-lions. it was when I was on the way to a meetup event, a walk at the como zoo in st, paul. I had done it last year on turkey day as well. I saw some of the Japanese garden that I hadn't seen before. two other people were there, of course one was the event coordinator. the other wanted to get too close to the animals, even touching a turtle in the water.
   I walked to the super-America just before midday, to get a beer for my dinner, it was a Heineken. then it was on to the buca di beppo, where I ordered a take-out dinner. although there was a delay in getting me my order, and during that time I spoke with somebody who had a nametag on but didn't work there. he worked at a hotel and was waiting for an order as well, and said he had once worked at the ford plant in st. paul. I had to eat kind of quick in order to get to the meetup event. I like how there is enough left over that I can have another meal the next day from this order. and of course it is one of the places from the 'dining for miles' program, so I will get airline miles as well.
  as I write these words, I am looking at a coffee mug full of pens and pencils. it is the mug I bought at mall of America when the camp snoopy theme park was closing. I had to go get some souvenirs as I am a big Charlie brown and snoopy fan. this mug was in the freezer for a while, since the handle broke off. but then during a cleanup I realized I had enough pens and pencils laying around that there was enough to fill another cup. this would be the third, the other two are an iowa cubs cup (the minor league baseball team in des moines) and the desk caddy I got when graduating from high school. it was from my 8th grade history teacher. when he died last year a memory of him as my teacher, a reason why I majored in the subject in college, became part of my comedy set in the fringe show that I was a part of.


No comments:

Post a Comment