Thursday, November 30, 2017

compliment from wendy's employee

before I went to a meeting this afternoon, I wanted to have lunch. I first tried going to an arby's in st. paul on university avenue, but the line just wasn't moving. so I got into my car, and was pleased that I found a Wendy's a block away, if that. before I placed my order, the employee said he liked my pea-coat. I hadn't been to a Wendy's in a while. sounds like there will be more meetings related to this one, which doesn't thrill me. I just want to be back at work.
   this of course explains why I was disgusted when I called a temp agency and was told I would get a callback in a few minutes. I called again more than 3 hours later, after getting no response. I then said 'get me somebody else' as I was tired of this recruiting consultant failing to return my calls. it wasn't even close to being the first time it had happened. sounded like I got somebody that out-ranked her, and I said another agency had been putting forth way more effort in trying to find me a job.
   I went to a music show at a bar I once performed at tonight. I knew the show closer from an open-mic I once frequented. the first act played a few songs I recognized, from Elton john, nine inch nails, and alanis morrissette. she played guitar and piano, a one-woman show, though she had some help with the equipment (such as the microphone stand) from a longtime friend. I recognized another crowd member from the same open-mic, and greeted him as the 'Ouija board guy' as there is one on his guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment