Monday, November 20, 2017

josephine baker story

I watched the bio-pic, 'Josephine baker story', on loan from the library. much like other bio-pics, it seems to serve as a warning: it is not easy to be famous. lou gossett is in it, according to the special features he was in another bio-pic, about baseball player roy campanella. good luck finding it on video if it was 'made for TV'. guess she did have a career after the well-known 'banana dance'. I heard about it as an HBO movie a while back, but didn't see it until now. then I got it back to the library and got another movie. I find it easier to get one at a time instead of two as there is less of a sense or urgency to get it watched during the time allotment, one week.
    I also made it to the performance venue. there was an announcement from the MC about being respectful to other performers, it was prompted by a feud at last week's show. I saw one of the parties to this feud tonight but not the other. I did ones about be on TV someday, a request on karaoke night, joel osteen book, getting my neighbor's mail, a rant about interviews, the bio-pic, and a passer-by as I was arriving at the venue.


No comments:

Post a Comment