Saturday, November 18, 2017

oh yes we did

'oh yes we did' is the slogan for domino's pizza. I like to make fun of it, saying 'what did they do?' well I had some of their pizza tonight, and the slogan was on the box. I had a little pepperoni pizza at the event I attended, a Minnesota gophers hockey game. It is good pizza, but I still like Godfather's way more. but I recall the novelty of domino's in my hometown when they first opened, since it was delivery pizza. I ended up delivering for pizza hut in college. the gophers were playing Harvard, the second in the 2-game series. gophers won the previous night, 4-2. gophers won tonight as well, but not in regulation. the score was 2-1, and the winning goal was in the first minute of overtime. it was the only time that Minnesota led, as the rest of the game they were either trailing or it was tied. it was scoreless at the end of the first period, and Harvard got the first goal just before the midway point of the second. then the gophers tied it with just over 5 minutes left in the 3rd. I had a seat just a few rows behind one of the goalie nets.
   I also went to the karaoke venue tonight, and did 'Saturday night' by the bay city rollers. I was at a loss for what song to do at first, but I said 'why not one about Saturday night?' I prefer getting more than one song in whenever possible, but of course attending the hockey game first meant I had less time. especially when I wanted to walk around a little after the game, and stopped at the Walgreen on campus as their food and drink is cheaper than at the game. then it also meant needing to walk back across the river to where my car was parked. I don't mind the walking at all, it is good exercise. and it isn't that far at all. it is just one light rail stop back across the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment