Thursday, November 9, 2017

online auction, bidding extended

I decided to participate in an online auction today, and no, it wasn't from e-bay. I noticed how bidding could be extended multiple times for the items listed. I had looked at the listings in the past week, there was more than 400. I found 12 items of interest to me, and the 3 items I won were the only items I bid on. and I was pleased to get these items for low prices- a table and two file cabinets- for a total of less than 20 dollars. worth it! I have already picked up one of them, and I have until Monday evening to pick up all items. I found out I needed to have a copy of the invoice, and it was afternoon by the time the auction closed and I got my paid invoice as I had to get it printed at the library. it does remind me of seeing some auctions when I was young, growing up in iowa. these were mainly ones where I was related to the property owners, grandparents of mine. some items weren't bid on at all. and it was a little surprising as to what can get the most attention. in this case I noticed how a payphone was part of the auction, I have no use for one and no space for it. I found out it sold for 35 dollars. well I guess they are becoming a collector's item now, since there aren't many left.
   I stayed a few extra minutes at the library as I saw a display about some of the stereotypes that kids at school are dealing with. in the evening I went to the performance venue and did two songs. it was 'the one that got away' by katy perry, and 'it's my life' by no doubt. of course an advisor inspired the first selection. a friend of a friend did 'sos' by abba, not familiar with it. as I was leaving I heard 'talk dirty to me' by poison, a reminder of attending a class reunion. a man who had lived in Chicago was there, first time in a while. he said he likes the bother the karaoke jockey. on the way to the venue I liked hearing a program on public radio that I would call 'book talk'. the author spoke of his bio about general/president grant, and it sounded like it was being broadcast from the fitzgerald theater in downtown st. paul.


No comments:

Post a Comment