Monday, November 6, 2017

tears in heaven, eric clapton

my stagetime tonight was karaoke, 3 songs. 'tears in heaven' was the first. I recall when this song was a big hit, 25 years ago. and I was familiar with the story about how it was inspired by the death of Clapton's young son, who had fallen out of an apartment window. it was in a movie called 'rush', but I haven't seen it yet. the video I found on youtube does have scenes from the movie, which is typical for movie songs. hard to say when I will see the movie, as I know this was before DVDs. so the odds of me finding it aside from ordering it from amazon are not that high, is my guess.
    I also did 'give a little bit' by supertramp, and 'wild world' by cat stevens. I am running low on ideas from the list I had made, but sometimes just looking through the books at the venue will yield something good. I like doing a wide variety of songs, and one can easily do so when there are thick books to look through. after the first song, there was a man in a football jersey, number 21 for the chargers, who said he liked hearing it, there was a couple at my table who said the same thing later on. so I like knowing, as usual, how performing is something that doesn't just make me happy.
 I got some poster frames at target. one was for a movie, and another was a show I performed at. these had been waiting for a while for a frame, as I know it can be expensive to get them. it was nearly 20 dollars for these two. there was a dust-up about the self-checkout I was using, as it wasn't printing receipts. somebody had to be called in, and it still wouldn't print them, at least itemized ones. all I got was the total, and the method of payment. I was told that no security guard was going to have a problem with it, but I still get paranoid about these things. as I have had experiences before of being accused of doing things I wasn't even doing. I got some peanuts, and a little pumpkin pie. and a pack of Charlie brown Christmas-themed bookmarks. these bookmarks were in the dollar section near the front of the store.
    at the first venue I made an appearance in, I did not perform. but it was blake that told me how the live shows at the studio are on hold for a few months. it seemed odd, as I had just filmed two more reviews just over a week earlier. I will look forward to them being on again, as I really enjoy the exposure and somebody believing in my abilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment