Wednesday, November 22, 2017

ice cubes on pavement

I performed at two venues tonight. the second was comedy, and after the show I saw ice cubes on the pavement outside the venue. so being the way I am about photos, I took a picture of it. but since it was at night, I may not keep the photo as it is harder to get good photos in the dark. it was hard to understand why the ice cubes were dumped there, I seem to see waste all the time and it is hard to see but what can we do about it? I hadn't performed there in a while, it was nice to be there again. logistics had something to do with my absence, as it is a show that starts kind of late and there are closer ones to my home than this one. but I know this night is in play again as my normal venue is no longer available. near the end of the night I got the 'how right I was' feeling, I get it whenever I am out truly enjoying myself, and of course I really like performing. I saw the button there, who just started a show at another venue, but for whatever reason I missed her set. I might have been in the other room, or outside, talking to other comics at that time.
    the first venue was karaoke, and I did one song, 'bittersweet symphony' by the verve. I said it was the story of my life. it was packed there, I guess due to being right before the holiday. for this reason, I was fine with doing just one song. and it paid off to go to another venue, and I didn't feel like going home just yet anyway.
   I had a phone interview before midday, hopefully I get an offer sometime soon as I have been getting antsy. but I know it can be hard to find something around the holidays. I also heard from my college roommate in the evening. he made me laugh a lot. it is helpful to be around those who know me well. he said he had just taken his wife to the airport earlier today.



No comments:

Post a Comment