Sunday, November 19, 2017

lavender magazine

I performed at two venues today. although it was a different kind of performing at the first one, as it was spoken word but with a serious tone. I read two writings for an organization I have joined, one was submitted last year but as far as I know it wasn't published by them. the other was one that was written just for this event, and it spoke about my journey this year with searching for family history in 3 different Iowa cemeteries. I was told not to eat lunch before arriving as they would have food there. there was chicken on skewers, it was pretty good. this was at a place in st. Anthony main, next to the movie theater. as we all know, I love the view there across the river, seeing the skyline. I got two photos of it, better ones than before as it was during the day. it can be harder to get good photos at night, this continues to be proven in my attempts.
   in the evening I was also in Minneapolis, actually this venue was not too far away from the first, probably less than 5 miles. at the second I saw a photographer with a press pass for lavender magazine. I said 'hopefully you got my good side' after I left the stage. I knew the show runner, first time at this venue, and I signed up for one of the open-mic slots at this pre-booked showcase. I went on first after the MC, and I had some tater tots besides my normal beer order. usually I eat before arriving at the venue.


No comments:

Post a Comment