Sunday, November 26, 2017

decadent pumpkin bar

I try discount table items all the time at my neighborhood grocery store. this weekend it was some 'decadent pumpkin bars'. there were 8 in the package, already down to 2. I have been big on anything pumpkin for a while, it helped that I liked the music group known as 'smashing pumpkins'. the label says it is from hill country bakery in san Antonio, texas.
   it was a fairly leisurely day. I checked the paper in the morning and found out the bears-eagles game would be on local TV. no surprise there, as the Vikings already played on Thursday and the packers in the evening. but as a bears fan it looked horrible. the bears didn't get a first down in the entire first half, and lost 31-3. I did most of my dishes starting with halftime, but they weren't finished until well into the third quarter. then I did leave my home late in the afternoon to perform at an open-mic, the resistable comic is the show-runner. I bought another 'lost and found' item there, another CD. this one is a retelling of the 'rip van winkle' story. although it is not first on the list just yet, as I am now listening to the brad paisley greatest hits in my car. guess he did a song for the ZZ top tribute CD, it appears on this greatest hits CD.
  'the simpsons' wasn't on fox in the evening, so I switched it over to antenna TV for a while for more of the 'all in the family' marathon. I had seen the one where the bunkers visit the stivics in California, where the stivics tried to hide being separated. this was also a day where I added more photos to facebook, ones that were put on a disc last month. but until today, I had only shared the ones from the 10k laughs festival. some were from even farther back, such as a music show I attended in august, in fact it was the chameleon's show. she liked both photos I shared. these were two of 12 photos I added, including some for the 'Charlie brown and snoopy' album. one of them for the iowa album drew a comment from my cousin that lives near Milwaukee. it was the one from the fire and EMS station in van horne, iowa, as she hates the misuse of the apostrophe. I say I see it all the time. I also deleted a photo, and will probably delete some more eventually, as I want to stress quality when it comes to what I share with friends. it was a photo from high school, one I had to scan, and it was also a reminder of two people I have de-friended as they were commenters on the photo. I have way more friends now from performing, and have lost track of most friends I had from high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment