Saturday, November 25, 2017

help with 'hey jude'

   I did some karaoke tonight, and somebody decided to join me to finish singing the second one, 'hey jude' by the beatles. the first was 'closer to free' by the bodeans. it was an older woman who did this, and in my performing career I have seen way worse before. it was a little unnerving, nonetheless. the thing I keep saying about performing is that it helps me with my focus. so this may have been why it didn't phase me that much. the part of the song where she joined me was rather simple, the 'nah nah, hey jude' part, rather simple to sing. I did greet her as I was leaving, and one of her friends suggested that we do another song together. I said I usually don't close down bars. the other song, 'closer to free' of course I know as the theme song for a TV show, 'party of five' on fox, Neve Campbell was on that show. though I haven't done that many TV themes before.
   I also made it to a pizza place before that and yemen native got me stage time there. it was my first time at this venue, but they do have an open-mic there so I have some reasons to go back if I want to. I started off with a forrest gump reference, I know that tends to work well. especially when the show runner said he had just met me.



No comments:

Post a Comment