Thursday, November 2, 2017

arguing at pool table

I went to a karaoke bar tonight and witnessed the bouncer deciding to close the pool table for a short time. a cardboard sign was put on it saying 'no more pool tonight, thank you'. but it was re-opened, saying 'as long as you aren't arguing'. the pool table was over by the quarter candy vending machine I use after getting a beer, so hard to ignore what was happening. I did two songs tonight. first was 'gangsta's paradise' by coolio, and second was 'walking contradiction' by green day. the second was inspired by somebody at my table doing a pat benetar  song, one of the lines was 'talk is cheap'. and I knew a green day song had that line as well. people really liked the coolio selection. I had seen the couple before when I was performing at this venue.
   also this evening, I watched my first episode of 'young sheldon'. it followed 'big bang theory'. I like how it was different enough from 'theory', which is a farce. 'sheldon' seemed to be more about satire, and I like satire. I offer up Sheldon reading a self-help book by dale Carnegie as evidence. he decides to meet who checked it out before him, and their rantings were hilarious while he plays the straight man. some of the gags on it were introduced in 'theory'. I really liked watching 'theory' tonight as bob Newhart was a guest star again. there was interest in doing a re-boot of professor proton, so it made sense to have Arthur on it again. although of course he died in an earlier episode, so it is in a dream sequence where only Sheldon sees him. this would be Bob Newhart's fifth guest appearance if I am not mistaken, he was killed off in the third.
   I had another interview this afternoon, and I feel like this one went real well. although I have this feeling all the time and I am hardly ever correct. I will hear soon enough if it was successful. I did my best to prepare for it. after I got back I had some jambalaya rice with chunks of spam. it is two servings so I will have some more of it soon. and before I made it to the karaoke bar I returned two more movies to the library and got two more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment