Tuesday, November 7, 2017

life inside out movie

I watched the second of two movies on loan from the library at midday, 'life inside out'. it is about a middle-aged woman who decides to go back to performing her guitar at an open-mic. and her teenage son proves to be good at it as well. notable is she wears a coat onstage that was made out of drapes by her sister, and her sister is trying to make money from scrapbooking. there are parts of the movie that I didn't enjoy, such as when her teenage son is being picked on by his two brothers. it was a little too familiar from my own upbringing. but I am thankful I saw it, some of what was depicted I could relate to as I am a performer as well, especially since I go to plenty of open-mics. I didn't recognize any of the actors in it, but not a big deal as I still liked the story a lot. in fact, there was just one name I did recognize at all in the closing credits, as kevin nealon, who performed on 'Saturday night live' is listed as a producer. there was one off-the-wall performer at those open-mics, as I recalled seeing a lady wearing white pantyhose on her arms and trying to play a kazoo.
   I voted in the early evening, but not much on the ballot, just mayor and school board. at first the election official couldn't find my name, but the pages were stuck together. even on the last day I saw some campaign ads, albeit from text messages.
  I made it to three different performance venues tonight, performed at two of them. I got airline miles at the first but did not perform, great to see the big dog there as MC. also got the new comedy CD from mason city. second one is my typical place, though I wasn't there the past two weeks. I did ones about having my leg pulled, text messages about voting, a dex phone book, and the world war one exhibit. I also did some callbacks to some jokes I felt the need to answer. third venue was for karaoke, although the button wasn't there, having left just before I arrived. I still had a beer and did one song, 'only time' by enya, and I spoke to her friend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment