Monday, November 13, 2017

permafrost serial

I listened to a CD I recently acquired, called 'permafrost'. it is a serial in 13 segments. the main theme was about a lake and going to the state capitol to get it recognized. the narrator was a college student that wanted to tell us about her hometown. it seemed to be a very Minnesota type of story, and why I was willing to buy it. I had seen some of those 'don't hug me' plays, as well as 'how to speak minnesotan' along with 'church basement ladies' and this story does make me think of the others. each segment was 2-3 minutes.
   I got around to a few things today, but not as much as I wanted to. I went to the xcel center and got a ticket for a hockey game next month, a warmup for the Olympic games. I tried to watch a DVD but I fell asleep during it so I will have to try again soon.
   I made it to the performance venue tonight, and it was memorable to say the least before I took the stage. early on in the show a feud started while one comic was onstage, and the other performer wanted to continue the feud during their poetry performance. both performers left before my set. I did ones about a fork in the road, did I scare you, 2 more songs to do at karaoke, dex phone books, singing at the ATM, and furniture at an auction. I did not perform at the first venue I made an appearance at, but it was nice to meet a comic from st. louis there. he shared a story about the movie 'up in the air'. how a friend had a small role in it, as well as seeing snow in the neighborhood where the wedding scenes were filmed even though it was spring. I spoke of finding many of the places where the movie was filmed. still on my list is seeing the inside of the high school that actor john goodman attended, so I can see where the basketball scenes were filmed. if I want to see a game there, it means going there in winter and my annual visit is usually in the summer for baseball games. one of those 'someday' things I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment