Wednesday, November 8, 2017

the one that got away, katy perry

I went to an advisor, for the same reason why most do- I had a dilemma. eventually I was asked if I was familiar with the song 'the one that got away' by katy perry. I said I was. then I went to watch the video on youtube. this is a haunting song, aided by a sampling of a johnny cash song near the end, a version of 'you are my sunshine'. of course katy name-checks johnny cash in the song. I know I have said this before, how 'Eleanor rigby' by the beatles was also a haunting song. in this case, like most people, we know what it is like to have 'the one that got away'. related to dating relationships of course. where the relationship just didn't work for whatever reason. even though it probably could have. I got choked up while watching this video, and this is rare. reminded me of how I felt when I found out bill young had died, as I had an ashen face then. but I am thankful I watched the video, as it is a story that needs to be told. and I said to the advisor that I have found another song to do on karaoke night. since I have done 'Eleanor rigby'. some of the images in the video are unforgettable, such as seeing a vintage ford mustang car crashing.
  I made it to the performance venue tonight, doing ones about the world war one exhibit, the dex phone book, is it a beatles song?, a text message abut voting, and the katy perry song.

No comments:

Post a Comment