Sunday, November 5, 2017

have you ever seen the rain, CCR

I did karaoke after going to a friend's comedy show, and I performed 'have you ever seen the rain' by CCR. I said I had to do a rain song, especially when it had been a steady, but light, rain for much of the day. also since I was told that somebody had already done my first choice, 'tears in heaven' by eric Clapton. I got there near the end of the night, so I really had time for just one song. the comedy show was one I have performed at before, it is held once a month.
  it was a busy day of getting things done. of course it meant going to my PO box. not much there, but my renewal for the PO box was there, I renew it every six months at the end of the month. then it was on to the world war one exhibit at the Minnesota history center. it is closing soon, in a week, so I knew I needed to go now. great seeing some movies and music of the time there. I listened to songs by al jolson, as well as sophie tucker. the movies were starring Charlie chaplin, and mary pickford. as usual, I learned something. there was a profile about baseball player Christy Mathewson, who was a pitcher for the new York giants. he did military service in this war, and was gassed and didn't live long after it, died less than a decade later. I was more familiar with all of the famous athletes that served in the second world war. I took plenty of pictures there. I liked what was in the music and movies section. about how pop culture- as it always does- provides a welcome break from the grim realities of life.
   I also stopped at the library to print some things, arriving just before closing time. and then the grocery store, followed by a play, 'suddenly last summer', written by Tennessee Williams. it is a reminder of how he is a brilliant playwright, good drama in it, and often relatable. although sometimes it is hard to watch drama when there has been so much of it in my own life, my own family. I had seen 'glass menagerie', another play of his, at a different venue. and some of the movie adaptions of his plays as well. I arrived just before the play began, as I often say I live 'the manic life of a comedian'. sub teacher was the show closer at the comedy show, and chalm-skinn performed as well. the button's friend was at the karaoke venue, and she did 'wrecking ball' by miley cyrus.


No comments:

Post a Comment