Wednesday, November 29, 2017

trader joe's

I made my first visit to a trader joe's grocery store this afternoon. I needed more cereal for breakfast and figured it was a good reason to see one of these stores finally. I no only got the cereal, but also a block of cheddar cheese. hard to say when my next visit will be, but I like how the prices seemed to be competitive. it likely helps that the cereal was the store's own brand, as the store brand tends to be cheaper. comparing it to a name brand, as I had Kellogg's frosted flakes, it is lower.
   I also had a job interview this morning, hopeful for the best. there was a gift shop or convenience store onsite and I got a postcard there. in the evening I went to a comedy show, good lineup that had tetris as show closer. enjoyed chatting with his dad about more than just comedy. this is a fairly new show, hosted by international falls, and the button, among others. I spoke of the 'long and winding road' of the stairs in this venue, in the dinkytown section of Minneapolis.
   after the show I went to do karaoke. I did 3 songs. it was 'ooh child' by 5 stair steps, 'big river' by johnny cash, and 'crucify' by tori amos. when I arrived I was surprised to see somebody I knew there, she was going to sing 'I will survive' by Gloria gaynor. she is a producer of the comedy marathon that I have had stage time at. she asked that I dance during her song, and I did dance some. I got the 'how right I was' feeling near the end of my time there, when I was hearing somebody sing ' I want to hold your hand' by the beatles. I knew right away why. it reminded me of my dad's story of hearing the song on the way to national guard duty at camp ripley in little falls, and he said the memory was 'holding hands in minnesota'. in my case, I was reminded of how I moved to this state for work and then found the courage to take the stage and be a performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment