Friday, July 20, 2018

america looks at baseball

I went to the cheapo records store on snelling in st. paul this afternoon and I bought two pearl jam CDs there. it was 'back spacer' and 'lost dogs'. I also like looking at the postcards next to the cashier, and got one of those as well. on the back it says 'America looks at baseball', from the American folk art museum in new York. there are two images, one is a catcher and the other has a bat in his hand.
   I went to four events, starting in the early evening. the first two were food events. an agency I had registered with had an after-hours work event, I showed up and got two slices of pizza along with a bag of lay's BBQ potato chips and a small bottle of water. I left without saying a word to anyone as I had already been told this week there wasn't anything for me. a man bringing out more pizza said 'hi there' as I was leaving. the next was an organization I had joined, it was moved indoors as it was known earlier in the week how there would be rain in the forecast. it was some of the typical picnic fare, such as cole slaw and baked beans and BBQ pork. I also had a 'rapper cookie'- my favorite rapper is Eminem, so do the math on what kind of cookie. I said I needed to leave before the end of the time allotment, midway through the two-hour event. this may have explained why I was moved up on introducing myself. I knew a few of the people there, and I was fine with largely keeping to myself as 'familiarity breeds contempt' applies to some of those I know.
   the next two were related to performing. a comedy contest was happening at a micro-brewery. the event coordinator was a fill-in, the 'extra murder' comic, as happy meal is on vacation in Ireland. found out I didn't make the list this week, but there was a facebook message asking if I am available next week, and I am. it was great seeing the button there as usual. I talked some about the job interview I am preparing for that is Friday, with a bank. and how I was headed to the karaoke bar tonight. but I knew I had some time to fill before they began for the night, and decided to go to the area around st. Anthony main movie theater. I love the view there of the river, bridge, and skyline. it was packed at the karaoke bar, so I was fine with doing just one song. I did 'Tennessee flat top box' by Roseanne cash as I had heard it on my car radio. in the book it was only listed under her, although johnny cash, her dad, also performed it. I liked finding a YouTube video of johnny's version.

No comments:

Post a Comment