Friday, July 13, 2018

atm wasn't first

I made a visit to a nearby holiday gas station tonight but the ATM wasn't the first stop I made. so when I presented the paper and an ice cream sandwich I realized I still needed to get to the ATM. it meant some other customers were waited on, then I got back in line. Not sure what caused me to miss this step, I guess we sometimes have these lapses when we are in a rush.
    I stayed in for much of the day, and read quite a bit. I also saw some activity related to applications from the previous day, asking me to complete the self-identify affirmative action form. but I usually decline to identify as I want my application to be judged on its own merits. there was also a request to complete an assessment, looked like it was call-center related. I will wait a little before doing it. I prefer doing this kind of thing at the library where I am more comfortable. and I also know if it is a call center job I would be less interested in it. but at this point I know the best thing to do is do what I need to in order to become eligible and leave the tougher decisions later on. the proverbial 'cross the bridge when we get to it'.
   I went to perform at a karaoke bar after going to the gas station, and did two songs. it was 'basket case; by green day, and 'alejandro' by lady gaga. the crowd really liked me doing the latter. I know I had done the former, but it had been a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment