Tuesday, July 24, 2018

bust of pallas

I had a back-to-work meeting this afternoon and it was at the cubicle of my advisor. I noticed two things, one of them was a souvenir from Washington, DC, and the other was a bust. I am reminded of the edgar allan poe poem 'the raven' as of course the bust of pallas figures into the story, where the raven decides to perch and say 'nevermore'. but the bust here wasn't of pallas, but of former president jimmy carter. it was a little disappointing that the most important thing we did in this hour was applying for jobs on indeed, a website I am already registered with. I asked about network contacts were I have a leg up on getting an interview and getting hired, that would be his boss who would have those contacts. this will be a weekly thing.
   we had the open-mic this week, and I figured there was no need to ask why it was called off at the last minute last week. I know things happen all the time. notable was seeing mints in the shape of a square being in sleeves. I had four of them. this show runner likes to bring candy, and there was a bag of Hershey's kisses as well.
  I also spent time on the phone with my bank, about some disputed transactions with my debit card. I was reminded of one of them when looking at my monthly statement. the other was being double-charged for a haircut last week. I like how I don't have to call about this kind of thing that often. it meant filing a claim for the one that has already been posted to my account, the other was still listed as pending and I was advised to contact the merchant about it. this would be the hair place. the other one was a mistake, when I was trying to renew my license plates online and it was a guide about doing that thing, which of course I didn't need at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment