Tuesday, July 10, 2018

cake by the ocean, DNCE

I saw a facebook posting from my college roommate, who is currently working in japan, and he said he heard a song while having lunch. it was 'cake by the ocean' by DNCE. I said I would have to look it up, and found it on youtube. when I played it I said it sounded familiar, just hadn't heard it in a while. the video does show a big piece of cake, and eventually this becomes part of a 'food fight'.
   I did my best as usual to stay busy while 'on vacation'. it meant having a meeting with a temp agency in the afternoon. it was in shoreview, same building where I had an interview back in October. I am hopeful to hear more soon, but was told she would have to call my references first and I said I have had better luck finding the senior leaders than the direct supervisors I have had. I also sent applications to an agency I had an appointment with last week. the waiting is the hardest part for all of these leads I am chasing.
   I got smarter about stage time tonight and signed up in advance through the facebook event invite for an open-mic. I also spoke with a comic who said he was a musician. I recognized his name as he had sent me a facebook friend request. I said I would add him soon know that I know 'who you are', meaning I had met them in person. I said the same to another comic, as it helps to be able to connect faces with names.

No comments:

Post a Comment