Friday, July 20, 2018

rapid fire karaoke

I got around a little later than I really wanted to for singing karaoke tonight. there were some things I wanted to get done before I ventured out. when we got near the end of the time allotment, one hour left, the karaoke jockey said it would be 'rapid fire', meaning one would get skipped if not available when called. I did one song, 'perfect' by pink, as I heard it at the county fair recently. I changed my seat so I could more easily make it to the microphone when called. it was a little crowded in the back room of this bar, and in a different room than in previous weeks. it explained why I went to a different part of the bar to get a beer as there was no bartender on duty in this room. I am used to some songs being popular at karaoke venues, tonight I heard some of them. this includes 'wagon wheel' and 'say it ain't so'. I had heard the former last night as well.
   I had the interview with a bank in the afternoon. I am thankful I did a 'dry run' in the morning to avoid making any wrong turns when it counted. but it still was stop and go driving on the way there as I didn't take the interstate most of the way. the interview lasted about 30 minutes. it is hard to predict the result though, even though this is work that I have done before.
   in the evening I saw some more activity on facebook. I found a photo from me performing nearly 3 years ago and shared it. another photo, from performing last month, was tagged. I got some likes when I did this. I also went to the fringe festival website to sign up for volunteer shifts. I am doing four, all in the same day. this is the number of shows that have people I know in the cast. I knew my orientation session is coming up, in two days, so I wanted this out of the way in case I am given the free tickets while there. it would be easier than having to go back later on. I knew well enough to put things in my favor, and all volunteer sessions are at the same venue, so no need for overwork of course once I get there. with shows I want to see, the logistics should be no big deal. there are three I want to see in the same day, but I have a long break between show one and two. show four I will likely have to wait and see on the second weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment