Sunday, July 29, 2018

garbage trucks

I have been watching the joel osteen TV program fairly regularly for a little while, it is for 30 minutes, after the 10pm news on WCCO on sunday night. tonight he spoke of garbage trucks, how sometimes people need to dump their garbage on someone, somewhere. somehow this resonated with me in terms of how I react to things. I have gotten better in recent years, but it can be hard to avoid getting frustrated and annoyed.
   I did one thing today that I know I haven't done too often before- I didn't leave my home at all. guess I found enough things to do inside. I went through a few storage boxes. I also watched a DVD copy of the movie 'winter's bone'. this dovetails well with playing the song 'small town Saturday night' often- actually finding it on youtube- something about being aware of being from small-town iowa is still a part of me and always will be. I recall saying the scenes and characters in this movie were familiar, reminded me of where I was from. I got the day started later than typical, not waking up- or least getting out of bed- until almost 12noon. I did a good read-through of the charlie brown book that I picked up this weekend, the amazon order. and I placed another order, for the movie 'varsity blues', using some of the gift card money. in the evening I did the dishes of course, and I have realized how I recently bought 3 items I don't have to buy that often. toothpaste, dish soap, mustard. all are cheap, about a dollar each, but they last for a while. I prefer longevity in most things, who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment