Saturday, July 7, 2018

catcher was a spy movie

i saw the movie 'catcher was a spy' in oakdale this afternoon. paul rudd played the lead role, moe berg. I recognized another actor in it and the credits said it was jeff daniels, playing his boss. seeing it was delayed for a while. two weeks ago I didn't make it in time for the start, and last week I was out of town. but I am thankful I saw it, as it had two big interests of mine: baseball and history. although there weren't many baseball scenes in it. I had heard about moe berg before, in reference to being part of a baseball tour in japan before the war since he did some filming in japan. I am the type that likes to stay for the closing credits, to see where movies get filmed. looks like much of it was filmed in the Czech republic, also some mention of Vienna, Austria.
   I got a lot done today. before the movie I went to an ice cream social at the keys cafĂ© in woodbury, free cake and ice cream. also got a DVD at a nearby store, 'the program', which will replace another VHS tape. after the movie I went to the grocery store, and watched some baseball on TV, Fox, red sox and royals. but only for an inning and a half, as I had more to do.
   it meant going to get stage time at two different shows. both were open-mics, the first I hadn't been to in a while but I knew there were some extra shows this weekend. I got 3 minutes, and two people I knew were running the show. one of them was from Wisconsin, the other I did a fringe show with. the second was a once-a-month show, and this month it was a potluck and I brought a vegetable tray to get a few more minutes of stage time. I popped over to the cub foods in Roseville after the first show to get it. I liked the chicken served at the second show. although I was tired near the end, I managed to last through the show but didn't stay long after it was done. I knew I was lucid enough, as I was able to recognize an edit piaf song as I was driving home, that was playing on my car radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment