Thursday, July 12, 2018

bird and statue

I went to a job fair in Shakopee before midday. there were a few companies at this event that look promising. although the lasting impression was from somebody I didn't talk to about jobs at all, I think he represented a hotel. he used a saying I wasn't familiar with, but I said it sounded like a variation. 'sometimes you're the statue, sometimes you're the bird crapping on the statue'. after I drove home I planned on going inside right away to have lunch. but my phone rang and it was from an agency I had spoke with on an earlier day. even though I know it is best to stay hopeful, I have seen how agencies haven't been that helpful in the end. I think this is why it is a good idea to keep applying directly to companies, and I started doing so with one company this afternoon, 15 separate positions.
    I really didn't feel like going out to perform tonight, but I did anyway. I was watching videos on youtube for a while. and there was hard rain during the 6pm news. I went to the karaoke bar and did 2 songs. it was 'i am all right' by Kenny loggins, and 'my city was gone' by the pretenders. I said something to the man in charge of karaoke how I didn't see the normal Thursday crowd of people I knew, three in particular. he said he could contact the harmonica guy. a lady that is a regular showed up after I did, and sang for her friend who is having a 60th birthday. it was 'dancing queen' by abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment