Saturday, July 28, 2018

thailand and japan coins

I went to a Walmart this afternoon to look around and was pleased to find some coins near the entrance. some were American pennies, two were stuck together. but there was also some foreign coins. I had to look them up online. it looked like one of them said '1 urn', this was from Thailand. the other I finally found out was a Japanese one-yen coin after entering 'branch and leaves'. I think both are likely worth the same as a penny, but I like having them. they went into a tin where other coins are kept that I am collecting. I let my college roommate know about it on facebook as he is currently working in japan, but is taking a vacation to korea. I did laundry this afternoon for the first time in a while, I had no choice as I was running out of things to wear. it meant retiring a few items, such as seeing holes in some socks.
   I also went through a pack of baseball cards I bought when I was in suburban Chicago in march and got them in binders. it helped that I freed up 3 sheet protectors that had been holding checklist cards, which I don't value much. late in the evening I went to do karaoke. I did 2 songs, 'fall down' by toad the wet sprocket, and 'plush' by stone temple pilots. I recognized somebody there, but couldn't recall her name until it was announced. she sang 'daniel' by Elton john. I also went to the post office and checked my box. four orders were there, one from amazon and the other three from e-bay. the amazon order was a charlie brown book. the others were baseball cards advertising baseball movies. it leaves one order outstanding, but the order had just been placed a week ago so the other one should be arriving soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment