Monday, July 16, 2018

switching mid-song

the open-mic at another venue was canceled at the last minute apparently, so I went to do some karaoke. I did 3 songs, and switched screens mid-song as the TV screen closest to the mike was rolling. this was the second song, 'no sleep til brooklyn' by the beastie boys. the first one was 'the longest time' by billy joel. and the third was 'confident' by demi Lovato. the first two I had heard recently, the billy joel selection was at the twins game over the weekend. and 'brooklyn' was on my car radio. I like saying 'no sleep til schaumburg' as it was a song that got me home after driving up to Milwaukee for baseball games when I lived in suburban Chicago many years ago. I know I had written about the demi selection before.
   there was a back-to-work meeting this afternoon, but I was bored as it was just more paperwork. it's out of the way now, but the job searching, at least through them anyway, is not until next week's appointment. I did some shredding of junk mail this morning, but there is still some left as it shuts off after it is used for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment