Tuesday, July 10, 2018

collapse the speaker legs

I was willing to help out after the open-mic was done tonight, and found out one thing I could do is collapse the legs after the speaker was taken down. I said it reminded me of family dinners where we would put a 'leaf'' in a table to make it longer, then have to take it out later on. I said it was hard to deal with waiting a while for the show to start as a corporate party was happening in the back of the venue. I ended up getting annoyed with three comics while waiting for the show to start, since some of them just wanted to workshop jokes and I don't want to 'talk shop' at all. I am anything but one-dimensional. make it four, as I got annoyed near the end of the show as somebody was trying to jump into a conversation while I was talking to 63 brawler. I paid a dollar for parking nearby on the street, and it got me four hours. I ended up using most of that time due to the waiting, and of course how long a show can last. I was on near the end of it.
   the agency I had met with the previous day asked me to complete some clerical tests, typing and data entry, and I did so in the afternoon. I also got a little better organized, putting tourist items in the super bowl souvenir bag. and items related to searching for work were put into another one. I even found some printed articles about the history of the hamm's beer building in downtown st. paul from 2016, and got them into sheet protectors in one of my binders. while I went out to get some toilet paper at the dollar store I saw an old friend at the bus stop. it was the attorney, and I was asked how it was going. I said 'not well', but I am still trying. this was somebody I rode the bus with until I was laid off in October. and it was somebody I had thought about every so often since, as I enjoyed our conversations. I also went to the grocery store and bought a few more food items. it has been warm and I have been drinking plenty of fluids, and noticed I was running low on milk. also got some cans of soup, and some frozen dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment