Wednesday, July 11, 2018

one trick pony

I performed at an open-mic tonight and I saw somebody for the first time in a while, he performed later on in the show. after the show I spoke about my performing style, and said 'i didn't want to be a one-trick pony'. and I think this man asked a question about it but was trying to hard to be funny as I said I don't have a pony. it was hard to find anything definite online as to the origin of the term, but it is understood to be a lot like 'one-hit wonder' or 'one-dimensional'. it was the first time that I had been outside all day. I liked how another performer brought a charlie brown book for me to look at, it was a 25th anniversary book and there was something in it about Charles schulz being grand marshal of the rose bowl parade in 1974. so I got a picture of the cover of the book and will see if I can find it online somewhere, looking at amazon first of course.
   it is hard to say how much progress I made on job searching today. I made plenty of calls in the afternoon and mostly got voicemail. I got one response, but was told we were still waiting to hear anything about it from the client. so I really don't know if saying I am 'laying the groundwork' applies at all as it will be a while to see if it yields anything. still looks like there are plenty of call center jobs available, but I know I would be happier doing other things.
   two items were in the mail today. one was a book that my dad sent me, 'Friday night lights', about high school football in texas. the other was the license plate renewal stickers, applied for online over a week ago. I would have acquired them in person but of course I was out of town at the end of the month, and forgot to get them any earlier as I got too busy. I had a note in the back of my car saying 'plate renewal applied for' and I liked being able to take that down. I put them on before I went to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment