Thursday, July 26, 2018

hat and belt buckle

I saw a regular at the karaoke bar I performed at tonight. he noticed my hat and I noticed his belt buckle, which had a super-hero theme. I did 3 songs as it was a sparse crowd. it was 'walk like an egyptian' by the bangles, 'small town Saturday night' by hal ketchum, and 'kind and generous' by natalie merchant. the middle one got some attention while I was onstage, hard to miss when a couple decides to dance at that time. growing up in a small town I know how this one resonates with me. I had heard it on the radio a few times recently. it wasn't the only place I performed at tonight, as I was part of a comedy contest. the 'extra murder' comic was show runner, as happy meal is still out of town, enjoying his time in Iceland, starting his trip in Ireland. it was great seeing some people I knew there of course, one of them was lunch lady. the Wisconsin couple were the show closers, working on material for their upcoming fringe show.
   I didn't drive my car anywhere until evening. I was on the phone about a possible job, after turning it on this morning and seeing 3 voicemails were waiting. the other two were about being double charged on the haircut, I guess one was from the franchise owner, and it will be refunded. some of what I did was getting some forms organized better. then I slept for a while in the afternoon, and when I woke up I had a call from a political campaign- a candidate for attorney general. it is no doubt election season, as the primary is next month. further evidence is an online survey I answered this evening, about candidates for governor. I still want to read through more and understand what the candidates are FOR and then make an informed decision. it is why I like hearing about when debates will be held. I have also received some postal mail from a candidate for governor. and I am seeing some yard signs around town as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment