Friday, July 6, 2018

get the smaller basket

I was at a Walgreen picking up a few things this afternoon after being at the library for a while. I saw a basket but said I didn't like it, too big for my needs. then I saw the smaller basket nearby, and decided to get that one instead. I applied for more jobs online and signed up for some websites that inform people about freelance writing jobs. my friend in Houston gave me those recommendations, and when I followed up on them I said one of them asked for a photo and to create my own profile.
   in the evening I went to the comedy club and did a guest set. I had opened for this comic last year as well, it gave me the confidence to ask again. I didn't know the MC or middle performers, but they had some jokes I liked. one did a 'feet hurt' joke, the other about walleye. I didn't know the man who had a camera with a big lens but we spoke after the show. he was sitting near me in the back before I went to perform. a woman who was likely a club employee said she missed my set, but encouraged me to ask for more stage time at this venue. I told the headliner it was the least I could do to tell my best jokes, I was given 5 minutes. it included ones about taco bell, and burlesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment