Sunday, July 1, 2018

completion of suspended game

I began the day at my hotel in Ankeny, iowa, and had continental breakfast. normally this would mean I did little else but get on the road back home. but there was unfinished business. I checked out of the hotel and then headed for my hometown of newton. I found a shoe store near the Hy-Vee and got shoes and socks. I knew mine from last night were no good until they dry out. I didn't stay in newton for long but still found maytag park and emerson hough school after turning in pop cans at the Hy-Vee and then getting a candy bar. I dropped a postcard to myself in the mail there as well.
   I saw the completion of the suspended iowa cubs game from the night before. Memphis won 13-2, then I left for home. according to what I found online, Memphis won the regularly scheduled game as well, 6-1. the news of the flash flooding in des moines was mentioned on WCCO when I got back, do it was a big deal. I spoke of it a little when I was returning the rental car. I will probably not rent from them again as I prefer a place that is at the airport and it is off-site.

No comments:

Post a Comment