Tuesday, July 31, 2018

bartender's karaoke ideas

I called an audible on performance venues tonight as it was too hard to get parking at the main one. so I went to a venue I hadn't seen in over a month, as they now have karaoke on a different night. the bartender had some ideas for what I could sing. this included 'son of a preacher man', 'crazy', and 'candy man'. I said I had to go my own way though. I was thinking of who I had met this week, he said we attended the same concert in 2005 at the saints stadium, bob Dylan and willie nelson. so I did two songs: 'always on my mind', by willie nelson, and 'move your body' by sia. another singer liked the sia selection and spoke of her song 'eye of the needle'. I thought about doing a third song but I knew I was tired so I went home.
   it wasn't a good day on the job front. I got a rejection email from the interview I did over a week ago. and I waited for a call from an agency and they never called. there was also a call saying they found my resume and wanted to interview me right away, but it sounded like sales so I turned them down. I didn't like the vibe I got from the call anyway, as it seemed like they were distracted and not paying much attention to me from the word 'go'. where do we go from here? I don't know.
   I also went through some collectibles that I bought from e-bay for the first time in a while, it included emerson hough items. one of them was a duplicate, a flyer for the movie 'man next door'. eventually I decided to frame one of them, since I had plenty of empty frames that once held 'ring of honor' photos. framing works well, as there were some movie posters based on his books that I already have. so this is the sixth movie based on one of his books where I have found some kind of promotional item for it. naturally it has been easiest to find things for 'covered wagon' and 'north of 36'. those were his most popular books and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment