Monday, July 30, 2018

consent for nudity

I performed at an open-mic tonight, and the one after me was the final performer. she asked for 'consent for nudity' before she went to do her act. she was covered up while dancing for a while, then the cover came off. she also blindfolded herself for a while. it was no big deal to see somebody dancing to music while nude. I said to myself it was still better than when she performed while pointing a knife at the crowd, it was un-nerving to me. one never knows what they will see when out performing. I skipped some of the early acts, as I went to the main room to go over my material. I said it was a 'slow news week' since I tend to be auto-biographical, but I still found things to talk about. such as bed sheets, soap, and temp agencies.
   not much to report on the job front. I saw a few emails from a temp agency, surprised me a little to see the results of the five tests I did on Friday. I did better than expected on the typing test. but still no calls, and I was told to expect them. aside from one that said the client decided to fill the position with somebody that had applied directly. I went through shirts in the back closet and put more in a suitcase, to lighten the weight in the closet. I usually just wear shirts that are in the front closet. I really didn't go anywhere, at least in my car, until the evening, to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment