Sunday, July 8, 2018

state fair play, rosetown

I saw the play 'state fair' at como park in st. paul this afternoon. it was done by rosetown playhouse. I arrived just as it was getting started, had to make three attempts to find parking. some parts of the play I liked more than others. the love stories didn't do much for me, as I am anything but a romantic, especially when I have been unlucky in love many times. it was hard to ignore things like birds flying in and out of the pavilion during the show, as well as microphone problems. it made sense to have some fake animals though, such as a snake, as well as blue boy the pig. I had seen one of the movie versions before, and I recalled the song well. 'our state fair is a great state fair, don't miss it don't even be late'. only thing I had there was water. after the play I went to a super-America and had a bag of potato chips. before the play I watched a DVD I recently bought, it was 'invincible', the football movie starring marky mark, about vince papale. after the paly I wasn't home for long, as I wanted to perform at an open-mic in uptown Minneapolis. according to the show-runner, resistable comic, it will be ending soon, in two weeks. I spoke of likely being a volunteer for fringe festival again, since it is starting soon, in a month. I like getting in free to shows that friends are doing, and I found out I can attend four of them on the same day. I got a response from a performer on twitter and found out she is in a show this year, will have to see how it fits my schedule. I got the dishes and recycle done a little early this evening so I could watch the 10pm news and be laying down in my easy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment