Thursday, October 4, 2018

a list saves time

I went to the cheapo records store in st. paul in the early evening, after work, and brought a list with me. I said I was thankful I brought a list as it saves time. I looked at what was there for my 8 favorite music acts, those are the ones with the list so I could avoid buying what I already have. I got a pearl jam double CD, the greatest hits. newer ones by pink, and Eminem, were there, but of course more expensive. so those can wait. I looked at the movie soundtracks as well, but nothing really appealed to me. I found a postcard I liked, it was times square in new York city in the 1930s. what caught my eye was seeing 'arrowsmith', the movie version of the book by Sinclair lewis.
   I must have been wiped out after this and work, as I fell asleep and missed the prime time episode of 'big bang theory'. but I got my wish, as I finally did a loan after some job shadowing and knocking out some of the online classes assigned to us. I did 6 of the 14 before lunchtime, and did one more after the job shadowing was done. I essentially skipped both 15-minute breaks today, but it didn't bother me much. it was nerve-racking doing the first loan, but I have done one. I can watch others as much as I want, but it doesn't mean much until I actually do the work.
   I made it out to the karaoke bar in the evening, and did 'new kid in town' by the eagles. I told myself I had to be fine with just one song as it seemed like a long wait for the first one. the fill-in KJ was there, then I saw the main one as I was leaving. I played the bar game in back, although it was less fun when it is wet. and I had to go back and get my rain jacket as it was raining as I was leaving for the venue.
   I let mason city know I am looking forward to the 2 upcoming 'music movies' I am aware of, but don't plan on seeing either on premiere weekend. I prefer the second weekend, thinner crowds. first one would be 'a star is born', as lady gaga is in it. and the other is 'bohemian rhapsody', the bio-pic about the band queen. saw my first ad for the latter tonight. another one that caught my eye was 'sisters brothers', saw an ad for it tonight as well. it was a western, john c reilly is in it. sometimes I like a good western. so it might be busy for a little while on movies. but I also know it ebbs and flows as to how often I get to the theater, as I tend to be picky on seeing movies. I am picky as I prefer to avoid wasted time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment