Thursday, October 25, 2018

welcome in italian

I made my annual visit to the community center for their spaghetti dinner tonight. there was something by the front door, and a kid said he didn't know what it said. my guess is it was 'welcome' in Italian. it is a reminder of how I am still not used to people waiting on me, as I gave my ticket to somebody with a basket near the entrance of the basketball gym and then somebody got me spaghetti. I was used to going to the serving window for that. I sat at a table by myself, and had the bread and the cole slaw as well. I still wanted to serve myself for the dessert, so I got up and went to the table where it was, near the back. was it blueberry cobbler? whatever it was it tasted good. I was served water then got myself a carton of milk when I was getting some photos of the venue. I made mention of Vivian maier when somebody spoke of me doing photography. I picked up a newsletter but it is still hard to tell if there are any other events that would be of interest to me at this community center. I didn't get around to it all that early, wanting to watch the 6pm news first, and then go to the ATM. so I ended up missing 'big bang theory' but still saw most of 'young sheldon'. funny how part of the storyline was how the plan that Sheldon's mom had about saving people backfired.
   I am really in my rhythm now at work, closing 14 loans today. I worked a reject as well, hopefully the rejects end up dwindling soon. another notable thing was how a tire on my car finally got replaced, after seeing how it just wasn't holding air on Saturday morning. I also cut back some more on my facebook friend list, by two. I added somebody last week, but have also cut 5 people so the net loss is 4. I prefer having relevance in my friend list, no big deal how it is now under 240. it could probably go even lower, especially when three of them are no longer alive, and I think a fourth is actually duplicating another account. I am still asking 'when was the last time I interacted with these people?' and if it has been too long, or they make their profile inactive for a while, I cut them. my page has evolved a lot in the 9-plus years since I joined.

No comments:

Post a Comment