Saturday, October 6, 2018

pocket schedule and sticker

I went to an iowa hawkeye alumni event tonight in downtown Minneapolis, but I was bored while I was there as it was too crowded and hard to find a place to sit for a while. there were some free items on a table there- sometimes known as 'swag'- so I got the pocket schedule for hawkeye football, and a round sticker. I saw somebody with a nametag on, I said he must be an event coordinator. I asked what my $10 got me besides three raffle tickets, and was told 'being able to hang out with the coolest people in town'. I said I couldn't even get the attention of a server. so I left after an hour, and headed to the bobby and steve's as I hadn't eaten yet. so I got a little godfather's pizza there. on the way there I stopped at the loft literary center, they had just wrapped up a poetry reading. I looked around for a few minutes, since I am not there too often. then I went home, taking the light rail.
    at work I knocked out five more of the online classes, so it is down to two. and I did get one loan assignment package completed, staying a few minutes past my normal leave time. but I wanted a sense of accomplishment, though I still have a ways to go on feeling comfortable with the work.
    I went out again after watching the 10pm news. seeing 'high school sports wrap' was a reminder of how I would have been happier watching a high school football game tonight. but you live, you learn. I went to a karaoke venue and sang 'i love a rainy night' by eddie rabbitt. seemed like a good one since there was light rain on the way to the venue, and as I was driving home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment