Saturday, October 6, 2018

loser takes all

i did some errand running before attending  an event today, and one stop was to a goodwill store. I bought a simpsons-themed board game called 'loser takes all'. I have a few other simpsons-themed games before this one, such as their version of 'operation' and 'clue'. the four other items bought there were CDs and DVDs. the movie was 'Friday night lights'. the CDs were switchfoot, REM, and a movie soundtrack- 'city of angels', since an alanis morissette song is on it. also got a newsweek special edition about their 30th anniversary, but at a barnes and noble book shop. I made it to the library to print some things, some of which was recent facebook invites where I got stage time.
   the event I attended was a 'booya' soup feed in Hudson, Wisconsin. I was invited by the crow, who was MC of the event. he was the only one- that I am aware of- that I knew there. I was introduced to his dad, guess he was celebrating a birthday. first booya I had attended in a while, as I don't think I went to one last year. it was a nice drive out there, about 30 miles. I was listening to the iowa- Minnesota football game on the way there, and on the way back. iowa won 48-31. I also had some beer at the booya, I was told it was 'spotted cow'. I saw the kids whacking a Halloween pumpkin-themed piñata. and the roast of his dad was happening when I arrived, and when I was walking around I wasn't paying attention. unaware that there was a tarp, and it was covered a swimming pool with water still in it! so my feet got wet. and it was high priority to get out of those socks and shoes when I got home. in spite of that, it was a good time there. I had two bowls of booya soup. and it was nice to meet a few people there. one of them called herself Susie, and said she was the youngest sibling. she said her family started the booya events at the st. paul fire department in the 1940s. I liked having some of the goodies inside as well, some rolls as well as dessert items.
   I was wiped out by the time I drove back home, explaining why I fell asleep for a while in my easy chair. by then it was close to 8pm, so it means waiting another day to go grocery shopping. after the 10pm news, I ventured out again and sang some karaoke, two songs. it was 'over my head' by the fray, and 'come away with me' by norah jones.


No comments:

Post a Comment