Saturday, October 13, 2018

taxi dancing

I went to new ulm this afternoon and evening for Oktoberfest, my annual visit. I went to many of the places I normally visit, such as german park and turner hall and the glockenspiel. even a side trip to sleepy eye to see the linus statue. I had the lunch buffet at godfather's pizza in st. peter on the way there. and of course I like going to the evening festival events at the hotel at the edge of town. although this is where it gets weird. I was thrilled to find a dance partner, until that partner spoke of wanting to 'dance with everybody there'. hmm. even after I saw them get turned down several times, still wanted to have this game plan. don't know what to call it aside from 'taxi dancing'. also found a karaoke venue. I sang 'walking after midnight' by patsy cline. when I got back to the twin cities I found a new venue for it, and sang 'in the air tonight' by phil Collins. a man took off his shirt while at the bar and started waving it around.


No comments:

Post a Comment