Thursday, October 11, 2018

power outage, sent home

I felt good about how I was doing at work, in the afternoon. I had completed 4 loans before taking lunch. then there was a power outage and we were sent home at 2pm. we weren't waiting that long after it happened. we were told they didn't want us waiting around for the power to return as it might be a while. I noticed the traffic lights near the facility were out. I found things to do, even if it meant falling asleep for a while. I stopped at a movie theater and got photos outside since it is closed for renovation. it said from august 1 to mid-October, no specific re-opening date was given.
   tonight I went to sing karaoke. I did 2 songs, 'dreams' by Fleetwood mac, and 'roam' by the b-52's. somebody sounded like Chewbacca there, so I said 'what is it, chewy?' like in star wars. another patron said I should sing some tom petty, but it was getting late by then and I was getting ready to leave. there still is some construction near this venue but there is a simple detour.

No comments:

Post a Comment