Saturday, October 20, 2018

corporation games, names

i sang karaoke tonight. I did 'we built this city' by starship as I recall the line about 'playing corporation games, changing corporation names' since I have seen two super-America gas stations change to speedway this weekend. according to one that hasn't changed yet, all are expected to within one year. so now we know.
    it was a fairly busy day for events, starting off with going to the library and printing my pass for the movie screening that will be held in a few days. then I went to a bowling alley for an event with an organization I had joined. I bowled two games, a 63 and an 81, as usual I started off flat and then warmed up. plenty of pizza there, and I had some as I like most pizza. then after a short break at home- getting postcards ordered from e-bay (and picked up at the post office this morning) I was out again, this time to a comedy show in the 10k laughs festival. the button was performing there, it was at the VFW in uptown Minneapolis. this was a venue I saw last year as well. I was expecting Arizona Chicago to be there as well, but she was not. I didn't inquire with anyone as to why. there were various things to do during each comic's set, for the button it was karaoke-themed.
   on my way back home I stopped at the aldi for my weekly grocery order, then I was home again. I checked email mostly. I didn't have enough time for watching a movie before the 10pm news began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment