Wednesday, October 24, 2018

bohemian rhapsody movie

tonight I went to an advance screening of the movie 'bohemian rhapsody' in Edina. I arrived early and sat in the front row as most of the seats were reserved. I have enjoyed musician bio-pics ever since I saw 'la bamba' many years ago. it made me laugh at times, but there was plenty of drama in it as well. and it covered not only the highlights, but also the lowlights. one part of the story was about performing at live aid in 1985. I was very young then so I had heard of it but was more familiar with farm aid, what was later, and closer to home. it does serve as a reminder of how music changed during the band's timeline. eventually MTV was mentioned, and of course they were around before it. I knew that mike myers was in it, but didn't know what role until the closing credits. I understand the meaning in myers having a role, as he was in  'Wayne's world' and that movie made the song popular again. I do recall that movie well. the movie covered just about every queen song that I knew. I also noticed how the closing credits had that typical disclaimer seen in bio-pics. 'some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'. at first this bothered me, but I am used to it now, as it is all about selling a movie.
    I had hoped to get more loans closed today, but some of them were messy and it meant spending more time on them to see that it is done right. and this is also true for needing to wait to close the loan when something important is needed. the proverbial 'circumstances beyond my control'. you do what you can. no big deal on giving up a night or performing to see the movie, but this is a rare thing as I know full well one gets better when performing on a regular basis. I had plenty of popcorn without buying any, as some was left behind on tables where one could squirt butter into their tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment