Thursday, October 18, 2018

sing for tickets

I went to the karaoke bar tonight and was surprised to see movie promoters there. it was for an advance screening of the movie 'bohemian rhapsody'. I did 2 songs, and found out those who sang a queen song would get the tickets and a shirt. so my second song was by queen, 'another one bites the dust'. the first one was 'burning down the house' by talking heads, inspired by hearing another one of their songs on an episode of 'young sheldon' tonight. I was told there was a quick turnaround from song one to two since the promoters would be leaving soon. then when I was leaving I gave a ride to the button's friend since she needed one. her nephew was there, but when I was talking to him I didn't know it was her nephew.
   I was slower on work today, but I was fine with talking to somebody from my agency when she arrived just before midday. I started off by saying I was a little worried as to why they were there, but they wanted to know how I was doing so this is a good thing. in many ways I was more willing to talk to them than the people I am working with on a daily basis. I was given some candy and there was a business card tied to it. I said I would slowly eat the candy as there already is plenty of it on the floor right now. the card went into my wallet in case I need to call, but I haven't needed to yet.
   one thing I checked tonight before I ventured out to perform was the lineup for a film festival in the west metro. plenty of movies listed, no problem eliminating some of them for multiple reasons. no interest in the movie, or the time doesn't work in my schedule. but I found one that would work, on a sunday. the festival just started in earnest today, but there was special screenings on Wednesday according to the master list I saw online. so know that I know what works, it is a good idea to get the ticket ordered soon so then I know I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment