Saturday, October 20, 2018

rocky movies

i found two rocky movies on a local movie channel this week. on Wednesday it was 'rocky 3' and tonight it was 'rocky 5'. I recall seeing some of them at the theater, definitely these two, and the one between them. it had been a while since I had seen them, which is typical of many movies. with this one I recall an early scene well. it was when his brother-in-law, paulie, signed over power-of-attorney to an accountant and it bankrupted them. I recall my stepfather laughing when he saw this, and I don't know why. because this is a serious thing, but he also doesn't know the law that well either. what I have noticed is these movies became predictable after a while, where rocky often says 'he is retired' then he is coaxed out of retirement to defend somebody's honor.
   I closed more loans at work today than the previous day. there was a potluck for a colleague who was working his last day, a temp and his contract was up. I had a banana, there was no donuts. also had some of the reese's peanut butter chips. I had to ask what one item was, found it was an apple peeler. I still would like to go quicker, but when I am ready I will.
   I went to sing karaoke tonight, I did one song. it was 'there's something going on' by Frida. it was a little annoying when some (probably) drunk young men were getting a little too close to me while I was singing. and trying to help me sing it as well. but they didn't lay a hand on me, and I know full well I have dealt with worse while performing. on the way to the venue, I tried to stop at a super-America for potato chips. but the first one  went to was closed, switching over to a speedway. this means the recent billboards I am seeing make more sense now. I spoke with a man at the edge of the parking lot and he said not all of them were closed tonight, so I decided to go to another one that was closer to the karaoke venue. I am wondering what this will do to my loyalty card, if it means having to get a new one and moving the points over. I have had to do this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment