Saturday, October 27, 2018

wilma costume, trump nametag

i went to perform karaoke tonight. at first I was about to leave as it wasn't in the typical room, which was being used for some other event like a private party. it is Halloween season after all. but I didn't want to go to Maplewood to sing so I took another look around and saw it was moved into an adjacent area. the tip-off was seeing the screen, hard to do at first when there was a big crowd. I like seeing the popcorn machine in the corner, so I had some much like before. notable was seeing some of the costumes of course. I saw a man dressed like fred flintstone. the lady with him seem to have the Wilma costume, but she had a 'trump' nametag on as well. odd, since I didn't think Wilma looked like any of the trumps. I sang 'just like fire' by pink. I was inspired to find a pink song since I was going through printed online articles and had multiple ones about seeing her show at the xcel center in 2013. and I finally decided to get one of them in a sheet protector, along with mention of getting a code for ticket ordering priority if doing an advance purchase of her CD, 'truth about love'. since I haven't wanted to buy more sheet protectors for now, it means looking through binders to see if I can double up on any, or taking some out that aren't high-quality. this has yielded quite a few. more evidence of this was deciding to go from six to four on the meetup event confirmations I printed. the main opportunity is from taking out to free up space, as there aren't many left that are singles.
   at work I am still growing by leaps and bounds, and this is a good thing. I found out that the stamp from the county isn't always at the top of the page, or on the first page. so once I found this out I could close more loans. I was bogged down on this for a while, and skipping over them. but I still got 12 loans closed, due to this discovery in the afternoon. so it was just slightly lower from the previous day. it was a weird night for watching the world series, red sox-dodgers, game 3. I said I need to get up now and go to the grocery store after one inning, and I bought 7 items there. I watched some more and it was tied 1-1 after 9, so I went to sing. and the game kept going. I sang and of course had to wait a little while for my turn. but I drove home and the game was still on. I knew how it was going as there was TVs in the bar I was singing in. I watched some more at home, trying to think of how long, then fell asleep. I think I saw through at least the 14th inning, but it went until the 18th, dodgers hit a home run to win 3-2 and the red sox lead the series 2-1. I know this happens all the time, where I fall asleep in my chair. much like in recent years, I haven't watched much of the world series as I want to go out and perform. I watch as much as I can, and it is nice that some places have it on where I am performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment